Bonsai News: Sheila’s Out Shopping: Life‘s lessons

14 January 2007

Sheila’s Out Shopping: Life‘s lessons

I went shopping for a hobby.

I visited Jo Ann Fabrics and Crafts and found quite a few all-inclusive kits, and a variety of in-store classes. I was drawn to the cake decorating kit ($19.99). I don’t think I can do the fancy fondant, but I’m willing to try. I also like the jewelry kit ($8.99) and can’t wait to wear my needlepoint tote ($19.99).

Michaels Arts and Crafts Store also has a big selection. I was thrilled to find paint-by-numbers ($9.99). This is art even I can do.

Since I’m a knitter, I also considered a kit called the Knitting Teacher ($14.99). The store also offers drawing lessons ($35) and crochet or beading lessons ($15). Those prices don’t include the cost of supplies.

Barnes & Noble Bookseller has small hobby kits: I always wanted to learn about Bonsai trees and now I can with Bonsai Kit ($6.95). And I couldn’t resist the Art of Tap Dancing ($6.95), which comes with taps you attach to your shoes.

And I don’t know if I could ever conquer the Art of Calligraphy($6.95) but I’ll give it my best try.

This could be the start of something big.


Technorati TAGS:

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker